Social Icons

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Every Day, the School Bus - 2013 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet Long-Term Road Test

The underlying connection was closed: A connection that was expected to be kept alive was closed by the server.
The request channel timed out while waiting for a reply after 00:00:55.1757241. Increase the timeout value passed to the call to Request or increase the SendTimeout value on the Binding. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout.

November 1, 2013

2013 Porsche 911 Carrera

A couple of years ago, Porsche ran a campaign, Engineered for Magic Every Day, where owners could submit real stories of using their cars. One promotional commercial at the time showed a guy buying bags of cement with his Cayman and a mom picking up kids at school in a 911 Turbo.

It's a clever commercial, but the funny thing with having a 911 Carrera in our fleet is that we've pretty much validated the whole concept. For instance, the past week I've used the 911 to take my two kids to school every morning, and it's been great.

The back seats are small, certainly, but in a way they're ideal for small children and will hold booster seats pretty easily. Initially, I thought I'd have to get out of the car and walk around to open the passenger-side door to help my daughter get out for drop-off at her elementary school. But there's actually enough space for her to step past the front passenger seat, and she can flip the seatback forward and open the door without my help.

Plus, my kids like the car. I love the car. Were it actually my 911, I'd certainly use it every day.

Brent Romans, Senior Automotive Editor @ 19,095 miles

No comments: