Social Icons

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

GPS speed Info-2014 Kia Forte EX long-term Road Test

On november 1, 2013

2013 Kia Forte EX

2014 Kia Forte has nice, classic style analog gauges. Classic I think crisp fonts, no clutter, no corny digital recessed Faith graphics. That said, I still like an electronic readout of vehicle speed on long trips, mostly to prevent becoming a target of overzealous enforcement. If Forte has a Show on the LCD display between the speedometer and tach, I could not find it.

But I found a cheat. Screen GPS Info in the navigation system displays your speed as measured by eye in the sky. Although it would be impractical to keep the screen up all the time, especially if you actually needed to nav guidance, it is a useful little feature.

I am most curious to learn if the system stores this information and if it is available. I could see that comes in handy for the occasional obscure speeding offences.

Dan Frio, Automotive Editor

No comments: