Social Icons

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Direct line was disordered cancel my car insurance

My car has ensured happily live for some time. In February, I've added to my son as a driver. When they returned to the papers, his name was misspelled. I have annotated the insurance certificate and returned to be modified in the envelope provided.

But instead of the correct spelling, I have received a letter referring to the cancellation of my policy. Unknowingly, he had been driving without insurance for a few days.

When I complained, hotline told me that this was my fault as I should have phoned me through the spelling error, instead of publishing the certificate. How should I have known? Apparently the 'direct to the client' words in politics was the clue.

When he asked my policy be reinstated, I was told that it was "impossible" and "against the law" and that it would have to start a new. I was transferred to your sales team. When I tried to complain, they told me that this had to be in writing. To drive legally, I have been forced to buy the new cover with another insurer. M v-f, Maldon, Essex

Obviously, none of this should have happened, and direct line was broken when we called. It seems that nobody in the observed insurer the instructions you sent or cover that had writing spelling correct name of your child on the certificate. On the other hand, they assumed was a cancellation of the policy.

Direct line then sent him a computerized letter to verify that I wanted to cancel, a precaution against fraud. But as it had not canceled, ignored the letter, believing that it is a mistake. So, its policy was in effect started.

The insurer says that if there had been a complaint, it would have covered you and issues, explained to the police and other stakeholders. Accepts his advice that you could not reset its policy was wrong. Promises to resolve issues with your new insurance company and send you £100 to say sorry.

Tony Levene is a guest contributor. Welcome to lyrics, but cannot respond individually. Send us an email to consumer.champions@guardian.co.uk or write to Brignall & Bachelor, money, the guardian, 90 York Way, London N1 9GU. Please include a daytime phone number


This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.

No comments: